Some clichés just won't die.
Do you still think Paris is bad for entrepreneurs and small businesses? That there are no prospering startups or angel investors looking for projects to support? That the young Parisians with big ideas have all left town because of crippling taxes and paperwork? That the French government doesn't promote innovation?
If you still believe these clichés, you haven't been paying attention (or you've only been reading the click-bait "doom and gloom" news sites). Check out this video about why entrepreneurs are now choosing Paris for their startups:
For the past few years the City of Paris has made the development of startups in the capital one of its top priorities, quietly becoming one of the major world cities for innovation and intellectual capital. There is now over 100,000m² of space in incubators covering every sector from tourism and sports to digital publishing and commerce.
Your Startup Ticket to Paris
This year the City of Paris is inviting entrepreneurial talent from all across the world to come set up their businesses in the French capital through a program called The French Tech Ticket. The lucky companies chosen to participate in the program will receive benefits including:
- A place in a leading Parisian incubator
- Financial support of €12,500
- Mentoring services
- Assistance with administrative processes
- Practical support in relocating to Paris
- Assistance in obtaining a visa
Applications should be made through www.frenchtechticket.paris before September 15th. The winners will be announced in December, and will set up in Paris from January 2016.
Learn More About Paris Startups and Incubators
- Start-up City: Reinventing Paris (The Economist)
- France Strives to Become Startup-Friendlier (Wall Street Journal)
- French Billionaire Primes Paris to be Startup Hub of Europe (Upstart Business Journal)
- Startup Hubs Around the World: Paris (Entrepreneurial Insights)
- Paris is for Lovers...of Startups (USA Today)
- The First Incubator in the World Focusing on Tourism (France Diplomatie)
- Invest in Paris (Paris & Co)