There are many blogs by American expats in Paris that like to point out all of the "weird" things about France. Things that the French, of course, don't find strange at all, for example:
- The toilet is always separate from the bathroom
- They put the bread directly on the table, next to the plate, when eating
- They require fitted, speedo-style bathing suits in public swimming pools
- They wear scarves even in the summer, with a t-shirt
- Medicine is all behind the counter at the pharmacy
What most Americans don't realize is that the French living among them in the United States also find a few things to be rather strange.