Chocolate Event at Galeries Lafayette
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
Heather Stimmler-Hall in Arnaud Larher, Around Town, Dalloyau, Eating & Drinking, François Pralus, Jean-Paul Hévin, Maison du Chocolat, Patrice Chapon, Pierre Hermé, Sadaharu Aoki
Hot off the press release from Galeries Lafayette!
Eight of Paris's renowned chocolate makers will be presenting their creations, signing books and showing off their chocolate-making talents on November 12 from 5-9pm at Galeries Lafayette Haussmann.
This "Parcours Gourmand" includes:
- Pierre Hermé in the Espace Chaussures et Souliers (aka: the amazing new shoe department on level -1 in the main building) where he'll be signing copies of his new book "Carrément Chocolat".
- Gilles Marchal of La Maison du Chocolat who will be sharing an assortment of chocolates on the 1st floor.
- Arnaud Larher - Meilleur Ouvrier de France 2007 - who will be handing out sweet goodies on the 3rd floor restaurant-salon.
- Jean-Luc Matyjasick and the Chefs Chocolatiers of La Maison Dalloyau will be at the entrance to Lafayette Gourmet handing out handmade chocolate flowers.
- Jean-Paul Hévin will be showing off his myriad chocolate creations such as the Eiffel Tower and high heels.
- Japanese-born French pastry and chocolate maker Sadaharu Aoki will be sharing his exotic creations...no word yet where in the store he'll be hiding.
- François Pralus is the latest chocolate maker to specialize in "grands crus de chocolat" made from cocoa from his own plantation in Madagascar.
- Finally, Patrice Chapon will be sharing his creative chocolate creations that mix flavors from around the world.
I wouldn't share this information with the public (yes, I'm that much of a chocoholic) except that I'm out of town that night so I can't be there anyway. So there's one less person you have to compete with for chocolate samples. Try and behave yourselves! ;)
Article originally appeared on The only authentic insider guide to Paris. (http://www.secretsofparis.com/).
See website for complete article licensing information.